ALSO -The Last Furlong Blog and Life on an alien planet.wordpress

Saturday 23 March 2013

Waiting

The baby is on its way.

I have had four daughters and one son. I have played this waiting game seven times. This is number seven waiting for grandchild to be born. It's horrible. I have rocks in my stomach. I am hoping all will go well and the baby will be strong and normal and the birth not too traumatic.

And, again, I realise how completely alone all of us really are. No matter how kind and attentive the medical staff are, the presence of your husband, your Mum, your Nanna, your family, your doula - whatever - you have to give birth, be born, and die, eventually, all by yourself.

I wish I could take away some pain.

But I can't, so I'm just waiting for the next text, the next phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment