ALSO -The Last Furlong Blog and Life on an alien planet.wordpress

Saturday 24 November 2012

When ignorance was bliss and the bowel cancer epidemic

Once, when I was a kid, illness was something people got because it just happened - caused by bad luck, God, fate. Now just about everything we get is caused by ourselves - it's SUCH a burden to peace of mind.

In  2009 the latest cancer causing agent was ham and processed meats.

"It is only in recent years that the link between processed meats and bowel cancer in adults has been made, with some estimates suggesting that thousands of cases could be prevented if everyone limited intake to 70g a week – the equivalent to three rashers of bacon."

In 2010 
 
A type of bacterium known to cause dental decay and skin ulcers may also be linked to bowel cancer, scientists suspect.

2012

Bowel cancer patients who take daily aspirin could cut their chance of dying from the disease by about a third, experts believe.

 This is just an anecdote really - a scientific anecdote made by invisible scientists in whom we are supposed to have faith! Aspirin was supposed to be good for something else too - was it strokes? I know the doctor took my husband off aspirin and it makes me bleed under my skin - not good. I think Pharma are feeling the drop in sales and need to promote it for something else!

I wonder if detergents that we wash our dishes with doesn't cause bowel cancer. When I was young, we washed dishes in chopped up Sunlight Soap in a "swizzle" cloth. It never seemed to cut the grease and we always rinsed the dishes in clean water. I remember when dish washing detergents came out in the shops. We thought it was a miracle!

Has there been any scientific study of this? But then, what do I know? I'm only guessing like everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment