ALSO -The Last Furlong Blog and Life on an alien planet.wordpress

Saturday 22 July 2017

Roger Scruton: Moral Relativism Will Be the Death Knell of Western Civil...

Today

I discovered Roger Scruton - well Sir Roger Scruton - SIR.

Never heard of him before.

He looks like he just got out of bed. He'd look like that, I'm sure, in a suit or pyjamas.

I love the way he talks - like Alan Watts. Relaxed, off the cuff sort of thing.

And I enjoy what he says. I LIKE it. Now that means that somewhere inside of me, I have found ideas that I feel are right.

He's been a naughty boy in the eyes of the world by taking money for writing articles in praise of smoking.

He smokes? Or smoked? That makes me immediately warm to him. He's MY age. He says things I can understand, and that feel right and wise to me.

He's a Conservative. Very.

I don't know what I am. I'm 72. I don't like this strange planet I find myself on. It is so changed that I don't feel at home on it anymore. Maybe I'm a Conservative?

I listened to this video. I'm archiving it here. I might want to watch it again to retrieve the thoughts I had today. It made me feel that my Alien Planet, might, in good time, become HOME again.

No comments:

Post a Comment