ALSO -The Last Furlong Blog and Life on an alien planet.wordpress

Monday 4 November 2013

One size fits all - modern western medicine

If you follow my blog, you know my husband recently had a heart attack.

He is not right and its nothing to do with his heart I don't think.

He is on pills, pills and more pills. Nine different medications actually because he is diabetic also. Only two are for that - the rest are inherited from the hospital admission. Two treat the same condition and another two treat two conditions he doesn't actually have! Three of five of the seven medications have "depression" as a side effect and the other two, the side effect of "not feeling well". 

No wonder he's not right!

I think our National Health Service just issues a "one size fits all" list of medications to give to people when they have a heart attack - even pills for conditions they don't actually have!

Well, I think the size they have given to my husband is ill-fitting indeed. They need tailoring, yes?



No comments:

Post a Comment